• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

HUB

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Not sure how many others are experiencing this when visiting your page but I'm getting frustrated with it. I thought maybe it would stop when the new home page came up but its still a problem.

When clicking on some of the links you provide, like the "Learn It", "Get Certified", "Stay Certified" boxes, they all take you to a 30-Day Free Trial of HubSpot Marketing page. It did the same thing to me for days when I kept trying to get the free Modifier Grid. (I was finally able to get it. Thank you very much for that aid.)

I was interested in going to the links I mention above but still keep getting sent to the HubSpot. I'll probably find them through some other route but just thought I'd let you know that HubSpot seems to be "page hogging" your quick links for visitors.

BTW, I'm the same person who doesn't get the full "Personal Details" page in my profile that allows me to customize my avatar. Don't know much about computers so not sure if it is some setting on my computer or what...?

Am attending my first webinar with you tonight even though I have not started any classes or have any books yet. I am excited to get started though.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thank you Luna for letting us know about this. I believe Laureen has the IT department working on it now. We will get her to give us an update as soon as she can.

Can't wait for tonight! See you there ;)

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Luna,

This is the first we've heard of this happening to anyone. HubSpot is the service we use but it should not be taking you to their site. Can you take a screenshot and email it to me Laureen@CodingCertification.Org. Also can you try clearing your cookies or using a different browser and let us know if you are experiencing the same thing? Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!

Jesus Perez

Tech Superstar
Administrator
CCO Support Staff
Luna, sorry about the trouble. We certainly hope HubSpot isn't trying to dip into our traffic. I'm more inclined to believe this might be a cookie issue or a temporary "blip" on HubSpot's radar that coincided with our new front page release.

Just to be sure, can you please try going to this page. Then click the "Set Test Cookie" button. Does it set a cookie properly? The Number of cookies received should change from 0 to 1.

I also recommend clearing your cache and cookies since they might corrupt over time. Click here for a comprehensive page on clearing your cookies and cache.

If it continues to happen, please let us know.

As for the Avatar and Profile Preferences...please try again. I made some changes that should allow you to upload an avatar. The only time it might get rejected is if it's too big. If that's the case, shrink the pic here: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
OK, thank you Jesus Perez and Laureen. I followed the steps for clearing cookies and cache. Came back and still had same issues with both the hubspot opening up and still no avatar options. I use Firefox browser. So, I went and used Explorer and did not have either hubspot issue or avatar issue. I'm puzzled about what I need to do so that I can use Firefox and not have these issues.

So, bottom line so far is that when using Firefox I still have both issues even though cookies and cache are cleared. When using Explorer I do not have any problems.

Does anyone know what I need to do so that issues are not present when using Firefox?

Jesus Perez

Tech Superstar
Administrator
CCO Support Staff
Glad you're semi-sorted with Internet Explorer.

I'm thinking Firefox might have some strong security settings in place.

First off...
What version of Firefox are you currently using?
You can see find in Help > About on the top Toolbar.
If you can't see the top Toolbar, tap the 'ALT' key to make it appear temporarily.

Do you have any extensions/addons installed on Firefox? If so, which ones?
This is under Tools > Addons.

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Jesus,
I have Firefox 15.0.1 . As far as extensions I have Adblock Plus 2.1.2, Java Console 6.0.33, McAfee Scriptscan for Firefox 14.4.1, and Yahoo! Toolbar.
You mentioned maybe some strong security setting. I did some troubleshooting in Firefox help and found nothing that made a difference. So when checking my add-ons and plugins, and extensions I chose to disable the McAfee features. It appeared to resolve the HubSpot issue I was having. I wanted to double check so I enabled the McAfee features again and restarted Firefox expecting to have the HubSpot issue return. It did not. I was surprised. The pages are loading correctly now from my Firefox browser.....go figure.

Jesus Perez

Tech Superstar
Administrator
CCO Support Staff
Glad it got sorted. McAfee might have had something to do with it. They're a good company...but sometimes their software does too good a job blocking normal stuff. We're here if anything else comes up.